Forum Xamarin.Forms
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

SocketException: No such host is known

SheemuSheemu USMember ✭✭✭

Hi Team,

Getting this exception in the case of android when I am trying to connect https connection.

{System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): No such host is known
at System.Net.Http.ConnectHelper.ConnectAsync (System.String host, System.Int32 port, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x000c8] in /Users/builder/jenkins/workspace/archive-mono/2019-08/android/release/external/corefx/src/System.Net.Http/src/System/Net/Http/SocketsHttpHandler/ConnectHelper.cs:65 }

please help me, it would be great for me!

Best Answer

• SheemuSheemu USMember ✭✭✭
    edited July 8 Accepted Answer

Thanks @jezh, for your quick response.

I have fixed it actually issue was on my simulator did not accessing the network data just I have restart it then it's working.

Answers

• jezhjezh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

You can try to open your quested url in your android device browser to see if it could open normally.

We should make sure that the url is correct.

Besides, make sure the android manifest file has internet permission, just as follows:

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />

• SheemuSheemu USMember ✭✭✭
    edited July 8 Accepted Answer

Thanks @jezh, for your quick response.

I have fixed it actually issue was on my simulator did not accessing the network data just I have restart it then it's working.