Forum Xamarin Xamarin.Forms

Crashlog

DanielHJDanielHJ Member ✭✭

Hello Everyone!

I am getting a crash on iOS and am having trouble finding out the source of the crash. Since I am not that used to reading crashlogs I thought I would ask here :)

The crash occurs only on iOS and happens the second time that you put the app to sleep.

Can anyone make help me to make sense of the crashlog?

Best Answer

• DanielHJDanielHJ Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Sorry, I forgot to close this thread.

The problem was that a previous developer had put Labels with TextType="HTML" inside a ListView cell which caused a memory spike when going foreground -> Background (2 GB). Didn't manage to solve it, but we replaced the list with a WebView using a HTML-list instead.

I did try several HTML-Label nugets, but the crash occurred with all of them.

Answers

• JarvanJarvan Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

To handle the crash info, try the following tips:

• Check the device log to get the additional information there.
    • App Center Crashes provides an API to generate a test crash, it will automatically generate a crash log every time the app crashes.

Similar issue:
    https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/66446/how-to-get-more-information-when-the-app-crashes

• Amit_SharanAmit_Sharan USMember ✭✭

There are lots of issue can be possible check following 1. References which you used in all must be of same version. 2. May be some of Nuget package is not supporting IOS 3. Check on Both Simulator and Device 4. Put following code in Main.cs file in IOS and put the break point on ex.Message and get the full details of error in IOS , It will give full details from where you are getting exceptions.

static void Main(string[] args)
    {
    // if you want to use a different Application Delegate class from "AppDelegate"
    // you can specify it here.
    try
    {
    UIApplication.Main(args, null, "AppDelegate");
    }
    catch (Exception ex)
    {
    Console.WriteLine(ex.Message);
    }
    }

• DanielHJDanielHJ Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Sorry, I forgot to close this thread.

The problem was that a previous developer had put Labels with TextType="HTML" inside a ListView cell which caused a memory spike when going foreground -> Background (2 GB). Didn't manage to solve it, but we replaced the list with a WebView using a HTML-list instead.

I did try several HTML-Label nugets, but the crash occurred with all of them.