Forum Xamarin.Forms
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

WebView is not loading URL in UWP

pacomaralpacomaral Member ✭✭

Hello,

I have a simple project in which I load a URL on a WebView. It is working as expected on Android, but on UWP, the WebView doesn't load anything and keep in blank.

It's not a problem of Width/Height as I have changed the background color and I can check it. Furthermore, I tried with a sample project of the docs, and it isn't working too. I don't know what's happening and I can't see nothing in the Output.

I'm using the latest version of Visual Studio 2019 and Xamarin.Forms. Already checked 'Internet Client & Server' Capabilities on UWP properties.

Someone knows what could I do to solve this?

Tagged:

Posts

  • pacomaralpacomaral Member ✭✭

    Hello again. Still couldn't find the problem. Is someone using WebView on UWP without problems?

  • JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity admin

    @pacomaral said:
    Hello again. Still couldn't find the problem. Is someone using WebView on UWP without problems?

    I am using Xamarin.Forms v4.5.0.356, and WebViews are populating as expected using UWP.

    @pacomaral said:
    I'm using the latest version of Visual Studio 2019 and Xamarin.Forms

    As there is more than one "latest" version at any time (stable, pre-release, nightly build), it helps if the actual version number of shown rather than "latest".

    As WebViews populate in Xamarin.Forms v4.5.0.356, I suggest you try using that version. If the problem does not occur, it would suggest that a defect has been introduced in whatever version you are currently using (in which case, log an issue if it hasn't already been done - see https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms/issues?q=is:issue+is:open+WebView+uwp ).

  • pacomaralpacomaral Member ✭✭
    edited June 19

    @JohnHardman said:

    @pacomaral said:
    Hello again. Still couldn't find the problem. Is someone using WebView on UWP without problems?

    I am using Xamarin.Forms v4.5.0.356, and WebViews are populating as expected using UWP.

    @pacomaral said:
    I'm using the latest version of Visual Studio 2019 and Xamarin.Forms

    As there is more than one "latest" version at any time (stable, pre-release, nightly build), it helps if the actual version number of shown rather than "latest".

    As WebViews populate in Xamarin.Forms v4.5.0.356, I suggest you try using that version. If the problem does not occur, it would suggest that a defect has been introduced in whatever version you are currently using (in which case, log an issue if it hasn't already been done - see https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms/issues?q=is:issue+is:open+WebView+uwp ).

    Thank you for your response. I will test with that version as soon as possible.

  • pacomaralpacomaral Member ✭✭

    @JohnHardman said:

    @pacomaral said:
    Hello again. Still couldn't find the problem. Is someone using WebView on UWP without problems?

    I am using Xamarin.Forms v4.5.0.356, and WebViews are populating as expected using UWP.

    @pacomaral said:
    I'm using the latest version of Visual Studio 2019 and Xamarin.Forms

    As there is more than one "latest" version at any time (stable, pre-release, nightly build), it helps if the actual version number of shown rather than "latest".

    As WebViews populate in Xamarin.Forms v4.5.0.356, I suggest you try using that version. If the problem does not occur, it would suggest that a defect has been introduced in whatever version you are currently using (in which case, log an issue if it hasn't already been done - see https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms/issues?q=is:issue+is:open+WebView+uwp ).

    I tried with Xamarin.Forms v4.5.0.356 and the WebView still doesn't work. It's not a problem of the layout because setting the BackgroundColor works okay, but it doesn't load nothing.

    Do you have any idea of what could be happening? I'm running the debug mode in the local machine, and it does have an internet connection (checked it in the code).

  • pacomaralpacomaral Member ✭✭

    Hello guys,

    I want to let you know that I've found the problem. I was missing the manifest's Capability: Private Networks (Clients & Server). I added the both of Internet (Client / Client & Server), but it did not work until i added that one too.

Sign In or Register to comment.