Forum Xamarin Xamarin.Android

Problems with SDK and NDK

Hi,

I recently installed the version of Visual Studio for Mac to version 8.6.1 and Xamarin.Android to version 10.3.1.0, after doing this Visual Studio lost the references to both the SDK, JDK and NDK.

At this path /Users/user/Library/Developer/Xamarin I have the JDK and SDK.

When I assign the SDK I have no problem but when assigning the SDK it can't find it.

Path of SDK: /Users/usuario/Library/Developer/Xamarin/android-sdk-macosx
Path of JDK: /Users/usuario/Library/Developer/Xamarin/jdk/microsoft_dist_openjdk_1.8.0.9

Elements in SDK path:

The NDK, i don't know where is

Please, help me!!! :(

Answers

• JarvanJarvan Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Please check if the SDK was installed at the path of '/Users/usuario/Library/Android'.

And you could try to re-install the android features to set the SDK locations to the xamarin.

Check the link:
    https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/solutions/306874/view.html

• BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Note that most Xamarin.Android build scenarios do not require the Android NDK. Unless your project includes a source code library written in C or C++ that needs to build against the Android NDK, the only features that require the Android NDK are in the Visual Studio Enterprise edition (Insertar ensemblados en código nativo and Habilitar el compilador de optimización de LLVM). If you enable one of those features, a build error will appear that says the Android NDK could not be found. So you can leave the Android NDK path blank for now unless you need to use one of those features.

If you need the Android NDK now or in the future, you can install it under the Herramientas tab of the Visual Studio > Preferencias > Ubicaciones de SDK > Android preference pane:

See the documentation for additional information.