Forum Xamarin.Forms

Binding linked pages..? Pizzas affair

Hi everyone,

I hope you can help me because I am looking for several simple solutions by looking via SQLite, API, Azure sql db etc ... but I am groping.

I will give a simple example of the rendering I want. Imagine 5 pizzeria restaurants

1. Display a PageView with the list of names of the 5 pizzerias (not in a listview but a Label + Button) via Bindable

2. When you click on a pizzeria, display of a second Pageview with the planning of the restaurant.
The schedule is 3 pizzas per week for 4 weeks
Ex: ListView
Week 1 (header)
    Day 1: Name Pizza 1 (Item)
    Day 2: Name Pizza 2
    Day 3: Name Pizza 5
Week 2
    Day 3: Name Pizza 4
    Day 4: Name Pizza 1

3. When we click on NomPizza 1, we display a PageView with the name of Pizza1 and the quantities and ingredients of the pizza.
Ex:
NamePizza1

ListView
-Ingredient: Cheese
Quantity: 30g

-Ingredient: Tomatoes
Quantity: 60g

So it's 3 pages that are linked by several tables I imagine knowing that ingredients can be in several pizzas, several restaurants, that the name of the pizzas can also be in other restaurants.

I think there is a way to create just 3 PageView with multirelation Item... maybe Controle Template, use JSON to create tables or SQLite.
Not very clear for me

Any help or suggestion will be appreciated

Answers

• jezhjezh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Hi dreamzr, I don't quite understand what you mean.

When you click on a pizzeria, display of a second Pageview with the planning of the restaurant.
    The schedule is 3 pizzas per week for 4 weeks
    Ex: ListView
    Week 1 (header)
    Day 1: Name Pizza 1 (Item)
    Day 2: Name Pizza 2
    Day 3: Name Pizza 5
    Week 2
    Day 3: Name Pizza 4
    Day 4: Name Pizza 1

You mean when you click on a pizzeria , it will display of a second Pageview with the planning of the restaurant,right?
    But why you also mentioned ListView ? and what's the Week 1 (header) and Week 2?

1. When we click on NomPizza 1, we display a PageView with the name of Pizza1 and the quantities and ingredients of the pizza.

I also don't quite understand why there is also a PageView?

Could you elaborate on that in more details (e.g. some code snippet) ?

• dreamzrdreamzr Member
    > @jezh said:
    > Hi dreamzr, I don't quite understand what you mean.
    >
    > (Quote)
    > You mean when you click on a pizzeria , it will display of a second Pageview with the planning of the restaurant,right?

Right

> But why you also mentioned ListView ? and what's the Week 1 (header) and Week 2?
    >

In the new Page (after click on the Pizzeria) you will have the production planning with a listview ( weeks and days of the restaurant)
    Week1 is the group of items day1, day2, day3,

> (Quote)
    > I also don't quite understand why there is also a PageView?
    >
    > Could you elaborate on that in more details (e.g. some code snippet) ?

I mean a new Page..after click on « Day1 : Pizza 1 » for example.. a new navigationpage with more details of the pizza

PIZZERIAS>PIZZERIA PLAN>PIZZERIA INGREDIENTS

Thanks

PIZZERIAS>PIZZERIA PLAN>PIZZERIA INGREDIENTS

So it's 3 pages that are linked by several tables I imagine knowing that ingredients can be in several pizzas, several restaurants, that the name of the pizzas can also be in other restaurants.

This should be a simple function.For example, we can display the PIZZERIAS in a list ,then when we select one item, then we can go to the second page(PIZZERIA PLAN), of course, we should pass some data from the first page, then we can get the pizzeria plan detail according to the data passed from the first page. Similarly, we can also get the pizzeria ingredients according to the data passed from the second page.

What were the specific problems you encountered during development?

• dreamzrdreamzr Member
    > @jezh said:
    > (Quote)
    > This should be a simple function.For example, we can display the PIZZERIAS in a list ,then when we select one item, then we can go to the second page(PIZZERIA PLAN), of course, we should pass some data from the first page, then we can get the pizzeria plan detail according to the data passed from the first page. Similarly, we can also get the pizzeria ingredients according to the data passed from the second page.
    >
    > What were the specific problems you encountered during development?

Yeah I know I thought about this approach but where to stock the data? All in .cs files? In a db?
    For the last page do I need to pass the data in second page (x ingredients * x pizza * x pizzeria) to cover all cases?

Could you give an example about what you think ?

If the amount of data items is large, we recommend using a database.

If your store the data in database, you just need to pass a key word from the second page to the last page,
    then you can get the whole item model accrording to the key work from the second page.