Forum Xamarin.Forms

Xamarin.iOS app to Xamarin Forms?

JJBHATTJJBHATT INMember ✭✭
edited May 19 in Xamarin.Forms

I am planning to re-write my Xamarin.iOS native app to Xamarin Forms. Is there any specific procedure available I could follow up or any references?

And if anyone has done this, can you pls brief it how you achieved?

Thanks.

Answers

• jezhjezh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

When we check official document What is Xamarin?, we know:

Xamarin is an open-source platform for building modern and performant applications for iOS, Android, and Windows with .NET. Xamarin is an abstraction layer that manages communication of shared code with underlying platform code.
    Xamarin enables developers to share an average of 90% of their application across platforms. This pattern allows developers to write all of their business logic in a single language (or reuse existing application code) but achieve native performance, look, and feel on each platform.

So, if you want to re-write your Xamarin.iOS native app to Xamarin Forms, you can find the corresponding controls and functions on xamarin form. For example,the Xamarin.Forms Entry is used for single-line text input. The Entry, like the Editor view, supports multiple keyboard types. And these edit controls in xamarin correspond to UITextField and UITextView in xamarin ios.

For more details, you can check: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/get-started/tutorials/