Forum Libraries, Components, and Plugins

Xamarin.Firebase.iOS.Core: Error while loading assembly Firebase.Core.dll

Hello everyone,
After installing Xamarin.Firebase.iOS.Core, I get this error message when trying to build and deploy to iOS simulator:
Error while loading assemblies: /Users/{mac username}/Library/Caches/Xamarin/mtbs/builds/{app name}/de1a5beecaf5c7031c2637491cba0b70/bin/iPhoneSimulator/Debug/Firebase.Core.dll

Prior to compilation I get this warning message:

Could not resolve reference "C:\Users\{windows username}\AppData\Local\XamarinBuildDownloadCache\GAppM-6.4.1\Frameworks\GoogleAppMeasurement.framework". If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.

This problem arose while trying to integrate Firebase into my app and so after creating a separate project and simply downloading the Xamarin.Firebase.iOS.Core package through NuGet (without adding any code), I get the error above. I looked through both directories and found that Firebase.Core.dll and GoogleAppMeasurement.framework were intact. I am relatively new to assembly files and these compilation processes, so any assistance would be much appreciated. The problem most likely lies in the warning message, but I am not sure how to proceed from here.

Thanks a lot,
Sebastian M.

Answers

• ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

The error shows it can not find the reference GoogleAppMeasurement , open the references node of the project in your solution explorer , can you see GoogleAppMeasurement reference ? Is there a yellow icon next to the reference ?

• smonzonsmonzon Member

I checked my references node and GoogleAppMeasurement wasn't there. After that, I assume the next step would be to add the reference to the project but I am not sure how to do that. In the GoogleAppMeasurement.framework folder there is no dll for me to load.