Forum Xamarin.iOS

Issues with App Icons (152x152, 167x167, 1024x1024) when trying to Upload to Apple Store

DanieGDanieG Member ✭✭

Hi guys, I hope someone can assist me with the following issues I am facing.

Apple removed their UIWebView and replaced it with another one, to get that to work I had to update Visual Studio, Xamarin.Forms and Xamarin.iOS (as per the Microsoft Documentation, can't post links as this is my first post)
I updated Visual Studio to 16.5.4 (latest right now),
Xamarin.Forms to 1.6.0.726 and
Xamarin.iOS to 13.16.0.13

The button on Visual Studio (Windows) "Show IPA File on Build Server" is greyed out (Yes I am in Release, not Debug and I also have it set to iPhone and not iPhoneSimulator).
So a way around that is that I am manually browsing to the .ipa on the Mac, the path is as follows:
Library/Caches/Xamarin/mtbs/builds/<appname>.ios/<GUID>/bin/iPhone/Release/device-builds/iphone10.4-13.3/<appname>.ios.ipa

I Drag and Drop this into the Transporter App, and then click on Deliver, to send the App to the Apple Store, then I run into the following:
ERROR ITMS-90023: "Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly '152x152' pixels, in .png for iOS versions >=10.0"
This is repeated for 167x167 as well.

For 1024 the following issue is found:
ERROR ITMS-90704: "Missing App Icon. An app icon measuring 1024 by 1024 pixels in PNG format must be included in the Asset Catalog of apps built for iOS, iPadOS, or watchOS. Without this icon, apps cannot be submitted for review."

I do have these 3 images within my Asset Catalog in my app.

Can anyone please assist with this?

Answers

• ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    • Try to delete the image asset catalog and create a new one , fill with all the images inside it .

• check the path of XSAppIconAssets in Info.plist .

Refer https://stackoverflow.com/questions/38441983/xamarin-ios-missing-required-file-icon-error-itms-90022-itms-90023 .

• DanieGDanieG Member ✭✭

Hi @ColeX

Unfortunately this did not do the trick for me.

Deleted the whole Asset in the Asset Catalog, added the images again, and double checked the Info.plist.

I got the same errors within the Transporter App again.

There are some points you need to know about app icon , one of them is that

Keep the background simple and avoid transparency. Make sure your icon is opaque, and don’t clutter the background. Give it a simple background so it doesn’t overpower other app icons nearby. You don’t need to fill the entire icon with content.

Refer https://developer.apple.com/design/human-interface-guidelines/ios/icons-and-images/app-icon/

• DanieGDanieG Member ✭✭

Hi @ColeX

Thank you for the Info, I've removed the Alpha Layer with the Transparency already, it doesn't have an issue with the rest of the App Icons in the project.

What's the version of XCode are you using ? Is is the latest ?

• DanieGDanieG Member ✭✭

XCode is at the moment on Version 11.4.1, which I believe is the latest version at this time