Forum Xamarin.Forms
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

In app rating for Android

rnuryrnury Member ✭✭

In our android project we prompt a dialog and direct user to Play Store page of application to rate the app (all the samples I saw are like this).
Is there a way to rate Android app like iOS inside the app with stars and not direct user to store page?

Best Answer

Answers

• jezhjezh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Is there a way to rate Android app like iOS inside the app with stars and not direct user to store page?

I'm sorry, I can't quite understand what you mean. Do you want to achieve the rate function in your app?

Besides, what do you mean by this words like iOS inside the app with stars ?

• rnuryrnury Member ✭✭
    edited May 8

@jezh said:

I'm sorry, I can't quite understand what you mean. Do you want to achieve the rate function in your app?

Besides, what do you mean by this words like iOS inside the app with stars ?

I took image below from microsoft docs. This is how ios app rate looks like and also what I want to achieve in android app. Users do not have to go to store page to vote the app, they can vote inside the app. What I mean by "with stars" is that dialog with rating stars in the image.

• jezhjezh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Such function requires us to add the corresponding function code in our app. For example, when we start the app, the we can pop up such a rating dialog. When customer click the rating star, we can get the score and upload the data to our server.
    By scoring, we can get an idea of how customers feel about our current software.

• rnuryrnury Member ✭✭

we can get the score and upload the data to our server.

Does this how iOS in-app rating work? I think it sends rating to the app store and updates the average rating of the app. I refer this page: docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/ios/platform/request-app-review

I can create dialog and pop up it but can I send rating to the play store and update the overall rating of my app in play store?

• MHLDMHLD BRBeta ✭✭
  • Bert-JanBert-Jan USMember ✭✭

I want to include a request for a rating in my Android app. The Android In-App review looks like the cleanest solution. @MHLD how can I call the In-App review using Xamarin? Thanks, Bert-Jan

• MHLDMHLD BRBeta ✭✭

Sorry @Bert-Jan . I'm also looking but so far I have not found anything.

Thank you @MHLD. Do you know maybe someone else from the Xamarin dev teams would know? I think it would be great if we could use this feature in Android. An In-App review is much easier for the user, means more reviews, beter experience for the user. In iOS it is available, I have included it in the iOS version of my Xamarin Forms app..

• MHLDMHLD BRBeta ✭✭

@Bert-Jan sorry for the delay.
    I opened an suggestion on github for that.
    https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms/issues/12194

Ha ha, @Anderson_Vieira good news! I will add this to my app. Many thanks, Bert-Jan

• MHLDMHLD BRBeta ✭✭

Thank you @Anderson_Vieira !