Forum Xamarin.Forms
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Unistall Plugin.Permissions packages but intellisense still suggests them as an option.

Will.ItraxWill.Itrax CAMember ✭✭✭

I recently went on a binge and replaced many older packages like Plugin.Permissions, with their XamarinEssential counterparts. Imagine my surprise when in response to a squiggly under BasePermission in:

public static async Task<PermissionStatus> CheckAndRequestPermissionAsync<T>(T permission)
                    where T : BasePermission

intellisense served up Plugin.Permission as the first option. (So maybe it was first because it was alphabetical – I don’t know). Previously I had uninstalled Plugin.Permissions from every project that had it. Even after doing a Clean and deleting bin and obj dirs, intellisense wants to give me Plugin.Permission. I did a file search for Plugin.Permissions on my project after building again and found Plugin.Permission.dll and .pdb deep below an obj directory. How did it get there??

Best Answer

Answers

• Will.ItraxWill.Itrax CAMember ✭✭✭

@jezh Thanks, I did not know that. Are there any other plugins that are automatically included?