Forum Visual Studio

Building Archive bundle throws error?

JKnottJKnott Member ✭✭✭

I have been getting this for some time now, I cannot remember when it started sadly because I have had to rebuild my dev platform, so I am not sure if this has to do with the release of VS or not
When I try to prepare the package to upload to the play store I get the following error

MSB4094: "obj\Release\90\MyApp.Android.dll;obj\Release\90\MyApp.Android.dll" is an invalid value for the "OutputAssembly" parameter of the  "Csc" task. Multiple items cannot be passed into a parameter of type "Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITaskItem".
Done building project "MyApp.Android.csproj" -- FAILED.
Build FAILED

If i unload the Android project then reload it, I can build the package, but only that time, when I go to make a newer release I have to once again unload then reload the project.

Has anyone else seen this? does anyone have any ideas?
Cheers!

Best Answer

• JKnottJKnott ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

@jezh I have rolled back my compiler to version 16.4.5 and I cannot reproduce the error anymore myself. I assume it has to do with the VS version 16.5.4.
    I'm not sure if this could have been project specific, or related to the other bugs we've seen with xamarin in the latest versions of vs (although I had seen most of those bugs seemed to be resolved)
    Since I no longer have the environment to test it, I'm going to consider this one closed and just make the recommendation that if anyone sees the issue they regress their vs build.

Thanks for trying to reproduce though!

Answers

• jezhjezh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

I did a test but couldn't reproduce the problem. Could you please share your detailed steps and screenshots with me?

• JKnottJKnott Member ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

@jezh I have rolled back my compiler to version 16.4.5 and I cannot reproduce the error anymore myself. I assume it has to do with the VS version 16.5.4.
    I'm not sure if this could have been project specific, or related to the other bugs we've seen with xamarin in the latest versions of vs (although I had seen most of those bugs seemed to be resolved)
    Since I no longer have the environment to test it, I'm going to consider this one closed and just make the recommendation that if anyone sees the issue they regress their vs build.

Thanks for trying to reproduce though!

• jezhjezh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Congrats, and thanks for your support for the xamarin.

Have a nice day. :)