Forum Visual Studio

iOS debug and deployment issues

StuFraserStuFraser USMember ✭✭

Hi all, there are going to be some aspects of QQ in this, I apologise now for that.

So essentially, I've been working on a Xamarin forms app for about 18 months now, it's been released and I've done a few updates via the appstores over the last 12 months.

Over that time, I've always had issues building and deploying the iOS app. Normally I've been able to get around these problems through a combo of restarts my windows and mac build machines, cleaning the project deleting bin folders etc. Since the release of osx10.15.4 though, everything started going exponentially worse. meaning now I haven't been able to build for iOS for other a month.
Android is not a problem, I can build & deploy how ever I want when ever I want

The initial problem was of course the ssh error that meant I couldn't connect to my Mac, now fixed with VS update.
After that, trying to deploy to the appstore, In the deployment step I wasn't getting an option to pick any provisioning profiles, believe this is fixed by importing the profiles via the VS options. Since doing this though, I can no longer get this far. Every time I try archiving my app I now get a codebase -1 error. Have found a few bug reports re this indicating it was fixed in a VS update late last year. Also as mentioned in one of the posts, the workaround was to make sure the Copy to Output property for all files was set correctly.

Now though, frustratingly things have got even worse. To the point I'm ready to throw the baby out with the bathwater and develop a native iOS app in xcode. Now I can't even build a debug version to run on simulators. I get a message saying Build Must be stopped to change solution property. I get this trying to debug in all available simulators. Then if I manage to get past that, I get Selected device is not a physical device. Please select a valid device before deploying the application.

I'm sure this is all something around build configurations, but tried every combo I can think of.
I'm really not sure where to go from here, hoping someone has some ideas as to what I can do. If I need to provide more info, please let me know

Answers

• StuFraserStuFraser USMember ✭✭

For anyone that took the time to read this and consider the issue I appreciate it. Problem now resolved, no changes what so ever. After weeks of bang my head on this, it just started working on it's own accord.