Forum Xamarin.Forms

Sending email from app

joegreenjoegreen Member ✭✭
edited April 22 in Xamarin.Forms

Hello there!

I'm new to Xamarin.Forms and trying to write my first simple app. I want to email contents of a simple form. Form contains First Name, Last Name and Comments. I've been doing a lot of searching about what is latest and most proper way to create this form. I'm familiar with MVC but not with MVVM. I'm still trying to figure out how to implement this form using MVVM in Xamain.Forms since the apps work differently than a web application.

It seems that people have suggested to send form content to a web service and let the web service send email. I've not written a web service before so not sure if I should use SOAP, WCF or Web API in this context.

Any direction will be appreciated.

Joe

Answers

• jezhjezh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

You can use Nuget Xam.Plugins.Messaging to achieve this.

You can start up by checking README.md of Xam.Plugins.Messaging.

And there is also a sample included in above link, you can check it. It should be helpful for you.

• joegreenjoegreen Member ✭✭

Xam.Plugins.Messaging is a nice plug-in but it uses default messaging application which doesn't work for me. I'm looking to send email automatically from within the app as soon as user clicks on Send button.

• joergscjoergsc Member ✭✭

Then you should send your messages directly via SMTP, as in this example: https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/xamarin-forms-send-email-using-smtp2/

• jezhjezh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Hi joegreen, hope you are doing well. I’d like to follow up with you to see if there is any progress. Thanks!