Forum Visual Studio

How do I get a app store release with aps-environment

I am trying to deploy to the app store with push notifications. I have what I believe to be a properly formatted provisioning profile that allow push notifications but when I try to start without debugging on my iPhone, it will not deploy. I get an error that that app may be signed with invalid entitlements. When I push to the app store and test via Test Flight, the app will not install on a machine.

I am using VS2019. Anyone have any suggestions to try as I have tried just about everything I can think of.

Best Answer

• dhamrick101dhamrick101 ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

I changed the name of the Entitlements.plist file from Entitlements-Appstore.plist to just Entitlements.plist, did a release build and delivered to the store. We were then able to download and install from Testflight and everything appears to be working correctly.

Don't know if that was actually the problem or I just "jiggled the handle" enough that it worked. Didn't make sense, still doesn't but it is up there and working.

Thank you for your efforts.

Answers

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Please check did you add an invalid entitlement plist file under release mode:

If it doesn't match the settings on the Apple portal it will throw this kind of exception.
    You could remove it there if you don't need it.

• dhamrick101dhamrick101 Member ✭✭

Thanks for that. I did add the Entitlements.plist with exactly what is in the profile. It still didn't work. It was working. Then I added Push Notifications to the app. I added aps-environment into a .plist file. It works for debug, it works for AdHoc but it does not work for Release. I changed the from development to "production" but it does not work.

Does anyone know if I have to have a current version of xamarin forms? This is a very old app and very difficult to upgrade to a current version

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Could you please share your Entitlements file here?
    Did you put something else there?
    The environment won't affect the installation of the application.

• dhamrick101dhamrick101 Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

I changed the name of the Entitlements.plist file from Entitlements-Appstore.plist to just Entitlements.plist, did a release build and delivered to the store. We were then able to download and install from Testflight and everything appears to be working correctly.

Don't know if that was actually the problem or I just "jiggled the handle" enough that it worked. Didn't make sense, still doesn't but it is up there and working.

Thank you for your efforts.