Forum General

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

Send SMS automatic

VanwawaVanwawa Member ✭✭
I am making an application where there is a button and pressing it should send photos or videos. Howevee, it should be activated automatically without the user intervening, in fact without realizing it. How can I solve that?

Answers

• AndyFlisherAndyFlisher GBBeta, University ✭✭✭✭

You might be able to in Android, at the very least you will have to ask permission (so they will know this can happen), there's no way Apple will let you though. I mean think about it, for many people sending an SMS still costs money, would you want an app that's automatically running up a bill in the background?

• VanwawaVanwawa Member ✭✭
    @AndyFlisher
    Thank you very much for the reply. That's right, the idea is to create a panic button that when you press the phone will send messages to different people. the message application should not open at all, it is here when the person will not intervene by pressing the "send message" button but should only press the panic button.
  • AndyFlisherAndyFlisher GBBeta, University ✭✭✭✭

I think the only way you could do that would be a via a web service like Twilio, where you initiate an API call to them and they send the text