Forum Xamarin.Mac

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

AppStore submission problem

RogisterAlainRogisterAlain BEBeta ✭✭✭

I submitted my application on the AppStore and it is refused by Apple because it crashes directly at launch.

I can't understand what's going on. The application works perfectly in Debug and Release Mode. I created a package and we tried it on 4 different iMacs and it installs and runs perfectly.

Obviously, when I compile for the AppStore and I want to launch the application, I have a problem with Code Sign and therefore I cannot really test the application that I have compiled for the AppStore.

It is the first time that I have this problem but it is also the first time that I put the application with Visual Studio 2019.

They put the crash logs to me but there is nothing that really tells me the problem. I copy them if anyone can help me.

thank you so much

Alain

• RogisterAlainRogisterAlain BEBeta ✭✭✭

By analyzing the logs, we think that it crashes on the CoreLocation.

In the DidFinishLauching of the AppDelegate, we do this:

var manager = new CoreLocation.CLLocationManager ();

manager.DesiredAccuracy = CLLocation.AccuracyBest;
    manager.Delegate = this;
    manager.StartUpdatingLocation ();

We do not know for what reason, it looks like it crashes during the new CoreLocation.CLLocationManager ();

We have been doing this for years and never had any problems. Is not a BUG Xamarin but if it was, I would have the problem in DEBUG and RELEASE mode.

Chris, any idea?

Alain

• ChrisHamonsChrisHamons USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Double check that you have the required info.plist keys to use core location, Apple will crash inside TCC.framework (or other places) if you try to use privacy restricted APIs without requesting access.

Hi Chris and thank you for your response.

I activated localization in entitlement.plist (I'm in SandBox) but in info.plist, I didn't put anything like that.

I attach my info.plist and my entitlement.plist.

But if that was it, I would have the problem in debug and release, not only at APPLE

• ChrisHamonsChrisHamons USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Apple's documentation on keys: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/corelocation/requesting_authorization_for_location_services?language=objc

I have no explanation why you might be seeing crashes in some configurations and not others. How and when Apple enforces their restrictions is an implementation detail we sit upon.

Crashing in starting up CoreLocation due to incorrect permissions is a thing I've seen multiple times before, so this is not unprecedented.

I added this in info.plist

NSLocationUsageDescription
    GeoWacht

I think it should be enough but it's been 4 years that I publish without it and never had problems now they may be more control.

enough is it you think