Forum Xamarin.Forms

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

Listview truncates after build the app(iPA) on latest VS and xamarin forms

HI,

I'm Building my iOS app on VisualStudio (8.4.8) and xamarin forms(4.4.0.99) but some of my page truncates.
Please let me know if someone as encountered this issue and found a fix for it.

tested on: iPhone x (13.3 and 13.4)

Note: Issue is not consistent and get clears upon killing from background and relaunch.

Regards,
Raghavendra GR

Best Answers

Answers

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Have you tried other versions of Xamarin Forms?
    If this only occurred on this particular version you could try the latest Xamarin Forms 4.5.0.356:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/xamarin-forms/release-notes/4.5/4.5.0
    But if this happens unstably it may relate to your code of building this page. Try to share a sample with the reproduced steps here.

• RaghavendraRaghavendra Member ✭✭

Yeah.. But that dint work. Still i'm facing the issue.. In fact sometime few of my buttons get disabled(That is a separate issue to solve).

Normally, some appearance issues could be raised by the code itself.
    Maybe, you put some controls overlapping the original layout. It's hard to say without your code.

its a working project so (which is already available in appstore) when we build for new release recently we are getting this issue(only iOS). So i was skeptical with issue in code.

Have you consumed some third party libraries which haven't supported the new version of iOS?
    There's no reason that a normal layout will be cut off on Xamarin Forms.
    If you feel difficult to share samples here, please open a free support ticket here:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/supportforbusiness/productselection?sapId=211dd84f-3474-c3c5-79bf-66db630c92a6

Accepted Answer

Updated to Xamarin.iOS 13.16(Earlier i ignored it because it is still a Preview version), and removed verticalOption=FillAndExpand. Started working..
    @LandLu Thanks for your time :)