Forum Cross Platform with Xamarin

3rd party authentication - what is the latest up to date guide?

I am dealing with the "new" requirement from Apple to have all apps (that use 3rd party auth) to include Apple's SignIn. There are somewhat confusing implementations of this online, as Apple is a bit different (who would guess :smiley: ) ... mixing the +13 DevKit and WebAuth.

Now there is a new post from the Xamarin.Essentials team about web-wuthenticator which is fantastic if this works properly. The post was created 5 days ago (xamarin/essentials/web-authenticator) - and I haven't been able to find any good documentation (the post is missing out on a few details needed)

So .... what would you recommend (documentation, example repo, video, ..) for a complete, thorough and up2date guide on 3rd party (covering Goggle, Facebook, Apple) authentication guideline as of now? Is the web-authenticator ready?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• GeirJonssonGeirJonsson USMember ✭✭

I agree, I haven't found this plugin even though the web-authenticator gives that promise ...sounds (or misread) a bit too good to be true. I have been doing the Facebook, Google Oauth and doing the ios API and webway for Apple (without success on the web-way for iOS<13) ... so I am fishing here for an alternative :)

• ElVladoWhileElVladoWhile Member

Hey! I'm working with Xamarin Essentials Web Authenticator unfortunately if I have an active session on the webview I get redirected to the redirect_uri (is an https domain) that is the original on the first request, this happens with Facebook (Android and iOS), and does the same with Google Sign In (iOS, Android works fine), do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong?