Forum Xamarin Xamarin.Forms

Shell - Different items in flyout and bottom bar

BillzargoBillzargo Member ✭✭

I just want to say hi also, this is my first post :)

I am sorry if this question has been asked before, I could not find an answer to this issue.

I am after a way of having different items in the flyout and the bottom bar. When items in flyout are selected that are not in the bottom bar, the bottom bar is not visible also... When items in the bottom bar are selected the hamburger menu icon for the flout is not visible.

Is this possible and if so how can I achieve this?

Thank you in advance.

Best Answer

• BillzargoBillzargo Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

It is Ok, I have come to realize that if you navigate to a page that is not in the bottom tab bar, it will not be displayed. I am now using a ControlTemplate to achieve what I want.

Thank you for your reply.

Answers

• jezhjezh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

When items in flyout are selected that are not in the bottom bar, the bottom bar is not visible also... When items in the bottom bar are selected the hamburger menu icon for the flout is not visible.

Sorry, I didn't quite follow what you said. Could you please post more details about this question or some images to show what you really want?

• BillzargoBillzargo Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

It is Ok, I have come to realize that if you navigate to a page that is not in the bottom tab bar, it will not be displayed. I am now using a ControlTemplate to achieve what I want.

Thank you for your reply.

• jezhjezh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited March 31

Congrats, could you please mark your reply to finish this topic? :)