Forum Xamarin.Forms
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Install Offline Simulator

fakhravarifakhravari Member ✭✭✭✭

How to download and install offline?

Answers

• idchlifeidchlife Member ✭✭

What do you mean by offline simulator? Android simulator can be installed and launched offline afterwards.

• fakhravarifakhravari Member ✭✭✭✭

I had a series of errors
    The simulator will not run.

I got the Windows Temp cleaned like this
    This error occurred at once.

Starting emulator pixel_2_pie_9_0_-api_28 ...
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\emulator\emulator.EXE -no-boot-anim -no-snapshot-load -avd pixel_2_pie_9_0
    -api_28 -prop monodroid.avdname=pixel_2_pie_9_0-api_28
    emulator: ERROR: x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration!
    1>Waiting for runtime checks to completePlease ensure Windows Hypervisor Platform (WHPX) is properly installed and usable.
    CPU acceleration status: HAXM is not installed on this machineEmulator pixel_2_pie_9_0
    -_api_28 cannot be started.

Runtime checks completed
    Build has been canceled.

• JarvanJarvan Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

emulator: ERROR: x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration!

Make sure HAXM has been installed in your VS.

Try the following steps:
    1. Open Tools menu -> Android -> Android SDK Manager -> open Android SDKs and Tools.
    2. Then switch to Toos -> Extras -> make sure the Intel x86 Emulator Accelerator (HAXM) has been installed.

Similar issue:
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/57605950/visual-studio-thinks-i-do-not-have-hyperv-installed-why