Forum Xamarin Xamarin.iOS

Can't see my iPhone on the list of device in Visual Studio 2019

GuyProvostGuyProvost CAMember ✭✭✭

Everything was running ok, I paired my Mac with my Windows running VS 2019. When I deploy the code, I connect via USB my iPhone to my Windows PC, then pick "My iPhone" in the list of devices in VS 2019.

Now I don't see my iPhone on the list anymore. If I try to connect my iPhone to the Mac instead, it shows up in VS 2019 on Windows, but can't deploy to it.

Trying to find some documentation online about this, but can't find any! All I find are how to pair a Mac, but this part works ok... It's just that I cant deploy to my iPhone anymnore!

Please help!

Tagged:

Answers

• ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Have you update Xcode or visual studio recently ?

Can you see the simulators in drop down ?

Try the possible solution : https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/comment/359060/#Comment_359060 .

• GuyProvostGuyProvost CAMember ✭✭✭

I can see and run using the simulators!

Will check the possible solution.

Update ?

> @ColeX said:
    > Update ?

Nope, I had already tried it. Still looking.

You can try this in vs for mac to see if problem persists.

@ColeX Well... In Mac there is no problem, I had to revert to work on the Mac in order to coded the app... But I prefer coding using Windows and VS Studio. I find it rellay annoying that it worked for a while, then, out of the blue it stopped working!

• nick5454nick5454 USUniversity ✭✭✭

@GuyProvost have you tried setting your iphone as wifi connect in xCode and deploying that way? Annoying but it works for me, since iPhone connecting to the PC is usually 15% successful unless the device has been in a provision a long time.

@nick5454 Thanks for the reply, sorry for the long wait, quite a lot going on these days.

Yes, I did tried it and same thing, pretty annoying. All I can do is work on the Mac itself.

• FlyingOliverFlyingOliver Member ✭✭

Hi @GuyProvost,
    I have exactly the same issue and need to deploy a new version of my App. Could be very interested if you've got a solution to this issue.
    Regards

• FlyingOliverFlyingOliver Member ✭✭

@GuyProvost ,
    I've just found a solution to this issue.

On Mac, run XCode. Select menu Window / Devices and Simulators, Devices tab.

Turn on your phone; connect your phone to usb. Xcode will say it is not paired; select "Trust" on iPhone.

When your iPhone appears in th XCode device list, restart your Visual Studio 2019 (Windows version), let the connection to the Mac be established. Your device should be back into the list.

Hope this will help.

@FlyingOliver I'll sure give it a try.... I'll let you know!