ListView - System.MissingMethodException: Method not found:

JasonAwbreyJasonAwbrey USInsider, University, Developer Group Leader mod

I'm getting this when assigning a List<> to a ListView's ItemSource:

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Xamarin.Forms.ItemsView<Xamarin.Forms.Cell>.set_ItemsSource'.

I've used a similar setup in another project without problems, so I'm not sure why it is causing an issue here?

ListView list = new ListView ();

list.ItemsSource = Restaurants.Data;
            list.ItemTemplate = new DataTemplate (typeof(TextCell)) 
            { Bindings = {
                    { TextCell.TextProperty, new Binding("Name") }
                }
            };

• JasonAwbreyJasonAwbrey USInsider, University, Developer Group Leader mod

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh. Of course, just because you update your packages in one solution does not mean they get updated in every solution. Updating to the latest XF package fixes it

• vishnusharma.8852vishnusharma.8852 USMember ✭✭

Hello,

I am working on Xamarin Mac project. In my project I am using a third party library and that is working fine for me. Today I checked out that same code on different mac and tried to run the project in debug mode. But the app crashed with error "Method not found: 'MonoMac.Foundation.NSObject.InitializeHandle'." on the runtime. I am not able to find out why the same code and library is working on one mac and not working on other.

My trial

• I have updated all the package
    • I added --linkskip in the additional mmp arguments as explained at https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1650. (image attached)

But that don't help me and started giving error: > Error MM0008: You should provide one root assembly only (MM0008)

Thanks
    Vishnu Sharma

• JasonAwbreyJasonAwbrey USInsider, University, Developer Group Leader mod

Why are you posting in the Xamarin.Forms forum? There is an entire forum devoted to Xamarin.Mac.

• ChrisHamonsChrisHamons USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

As Jason mentioned, this is on the wrong forum, however, to answer your question vishnu:

Running mmp from the command line gives the following help:

--linkskip=VALUE Skip linking of the specified assembly

--linkskip is an invalid setting unless you give it an assembly, such as --linkskip=foo.exe

• vishnusharma.8852vishnusharma.8852 USMember ✭✭

Actually I searched for any existing post for this issue and I come accross this and I am not sure this isssue is related to MonoMac or Xamarin studio.

any help ?

Thanks
    Vishnu sharma