Forum Xamarin.Forms

Xamarin.Forms app, works in simulator, hanging on iOS Devices: dynamic-codesigning entitlement Error

My app has started failing on devices seemingly out of the blue. When debugging it just hangs and sits there. Doesn't crash. I've found the following errors in the device log:

Error (0) / kernel(Sandbox): TUE.myiOSApp(629) System Policy: MAP_JIT requires the dynamic-codesigning entitlement
Error (222) / DTServiceHub(FrontBoardServices): [FBSSystemService][0x658f] Sending request to open "com.MyAppName”
Error (589) / SpringBoard(FrontBoard): [com.MyAppName] Provision violated for watchdog scene-create: ; violated: YES>
Error (589) / SpringBoard(KeyboardArbiter): [<_UIKeyboardArbiterHandle: 0x1c4115720; PID 631: com.MyAppName <(null)>; hosting PIDs {(
Error (589) / SpringBoard(KeyboardArbiter): -[_UIKeyboardArbiter runOperations:onHandler:]_block_invoke Failed to access <_UIKeyboardArbiterHandle: 0x1c4115720; PID 631: com.MyAppName <(null)>; hosting PIDs {(

I noticed another line that mentioned the process wasn't killed by the OS because it was being debugged.

This started happening right after I added a new device to the developer profile at the Apple Developer portal. I redownloaded the profile and installed it in xCode and in Visual Studio for Mac. The first time I ran the app on the new device, it ran successfully and I could debug. After that it started freezing. It also freezes on the old device I had been debugging successfully on just moments prior.

I've tried cleaning the solution, deleting all bin/obj folders. Restarting the device. Rebooting my Mac, etc.. nothing works.

I've dug around a little bit regarding the MAP_JIT error, however, the only answers I've found is to ensure Xcode is up to date. I'm on Xcode 11.3.1 and the command line tools are installed.

I updated to the latest version of Visual Studio for Mac which did not solve the issue

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Sean

Answers

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

It seems the entitlement file is not enabled in your provisioning profile.
    Try to remove it via:
    right click your iOS project => properties => iOS Bundle Signing
    Change the platform to iPhone and delete the Entitlements.plist there:

• SeanThomas.5523SeanThomas.5523 USMember ✭✭

Thanks LandLu,

I actually resolved the issue I described above. As I mentioned, this started happening after I added a new device to my development profile and redownloaded. Somehow under my iOS Bundle Signing settings my "Provisioning Profile" setting switched to "Automatic" which doesn't work. When I switched it from auto to the name of my profile, my app now runs on devices using my debug build (whether or not I have the Entitlements.plist value populated in the Custom Entitlements field).

However, there's something still wrong. When I try to launch the app with the debugger attached, the app just hangs at the splash screen. However, if I kill the debugger and just launch the app directly by tapping on it, it opens and runs just fine on all my iOS devices. I'm basically unable to debug my app now from the device. This new issue happens whether or not I have "Entitlements.plist" listed in the Custom Entitlements field above. I have tried rebooting my mac, the devices, cleaning the build, deleting all obj/bin folders, etc.. Nothing works.

The device logs shows the following errors in relation to my app but they don't mean anything to me:

Error (52) / SpringBoard(SplashBoard): [com.TUE] Failed to generate image for

Error (62) / assertiond: [TUE.iOS:286] SyscallError: setpriority(PRIO_DARWIN_ROLE, 286, 3): No such process

The first error, I only saw it once but the PRIO_DARWIN_ROLE ONE I see it every time. I

Is there something else I can do to troubleshoot this? I'm using VS for Mac (the latest version).

Did you deploy your project in debug mode?
    Have you enabled the debugging here

• SeanThomas.5523SeanThomas.5523 USMember ✭✭

Yes, Debugging is enabled. My debugging port was defaulted to 60494.. I tried 10000 unfortunately with the same negative result.

Did you try to use a Ad-Hoc or distribution provisioning profile?
    We need to know more about your project's configuration. Maybe open a free support ticket could be a better option:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/supportforbusiness/productselection?sapId=211dd84f-3474-c3c5-79bf-66db630c92a6