Forum General

How to use Dark Theme Light Theme in Xamarin Forms?

HellooHelloo Member ✭✭

I am new to Xamarin Forms, I want to use a logo that changes based on the device mode, if it's dark mode, the logo will be white and if it's light mode, the logo will be black. I only found examples on how to do it for colors by adding them to the resource dictionaries(the example is attached below), I tried to do it for the logo, but It didn't work.Can someone share tips or a link of a tutorial that show how to do that?

<!--  Colours  -->
<!--<Color x:Key="MainPage">#F58220</Color>-->

Answers

• JoannaGJoannaG Member ✭✭✭
  • hArDiK67hArDiK67 Member
    edited March 8

@Helloo
    You should try this

Change App.cs to App.xml

• okinaturokinatur Member ✭✭

is this dark mode still in function?

• jagdeeshkjagdeeshk Member ✭✭

You can change the image source according to the app theme

<Image Source="{AppThemeBinding Light=light_theme_logo.png, Dark=dark_theme_logo.png}" />

FYI, If you want to change any label text color / any other views foreground or background-color change according to app theme use the below code.

<Label TextColor="{AppThemeBinding Dark=#ffffff, Light=#000000}"  Text="Hello Xamarin"/>

<StackLayout BackgroundColor="{AppThemeBinding Dark= #000000, Light=#ffffff}">

If you want change thems on button click, use below code

Application.Current.UserAppTheme = OSAppTheme.Unspecified;  // Your device settings decide whether to show light or dark mode.

Application.Current.UserAppTheme = OSAppTheme.Dark;  // To activate dark theme

Application.Current.UserAppTheme = OSAppTheme.Light;  // To activate light theme