Forum Libraries, Components, and Plugins

Can not resolve reference Xamarin.AndroidX.AppCompat.Resources

I migrate my solution to AndroidX and Xamarin.Forms 4.5.xxx. When I try to build my app, I've got the following error:

10> C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Enterprise\MSBuild\Xamarin\Android\Xamarin.Android.Common.targets(1808,2): error XA2002: Can not resolve reference: Xamarin.AndroidX.AppCompat.Resources, referenced by Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android. Please add a NuGet package or assembly reference for Xamarin.AndroidX.AppCompat.Resources, or remove the reference to Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android.
10> C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Enterprise\MSBuild\Xamarin\Android\Xamarin.Android.Common.targets(1808,2): error XA2002: Can not resolve reference: Xamarin.AndroidX.AppCompat.Resources, referenced by Xamarin.Google.Android.Material. Please add a NuGet package or assembly reference for Xamarin.AndroidX.AppCompat.Resources, or remove the reference to Xamarin.Google.Android.Material.

But I have install the Xamarin.AndroidX.AppCompat.Resources nuget package. Has anyone a idea why I get this error? Thank you.

• tualatintualatin Member ✭✭

I found the solution. I have to add the reference of Xamarin.AndroidX.AppCompat.Resources by hand. Do not know, why it doesn't add automatically.