Forum Xamarin Xamarin.iOS

iOS app won't install on device on Release mode

adansinacentoadansinacento Member ✭✭
edited February 25 in Xamarin.iOS

I have a Xamarin.Forms app, and I have no idea why the iOS app just won't install on device but only on Release mode.

Here's a table on how are the deploys

Device Simulator
Debug OK OK
Release Compilation OK, deploy fail OK

Now the error I get when trying to deploy Release on a device is

nstallingEmbeddedProfile - PercentComplete: 30%
VerifyingApplication - PercentComplete: 40%
ApplicationVerificationFailed: Failed to verify code signature of /private/var/installd/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installd.staging/temp.irJ5lq/extracted/MovieApp.iOS.app : 0xe8008015 (A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found.)
error MT1006: Could not install the application '/Users/adansandoval/Documents/GitHub/MovieApp/MovieApp/MovieApp.iOS/bin/iPhone/Release/MovieApp.iOS.app' on the device 'iPhone': AMDeviceSecureInstallApplicationBundle returned: 0xe8008015.

Application could not be uploaded to the device.

I am using Manual Provisioning

The provisioning profile and certificate were made using this guide by Microsoft., I have a paid Apple Developer Account. Also the setup for Bundle Signing is just like that guide.

Any idea on how to resolve this?

Answers

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Please check the selection for the provisioning profile in the release mode:

There are different settings for iOS Bundle Signing in different modes. We need to check if you have used the correct provisioning profile.
    I don't suggest debugging your project in the release mode. Release mode is used to publish your application to the App Store as the link described you posted above. We need to check on the Enable debugging setting if you do want to test it in the release mode.
    If you want to simulate the production environment it's better to use Ad-Hoc provisioning file instead of changing mode:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/ios/deploy-test/app-distribution/ad-hoc-distribution?tabs=macos