Forum Xamarin.Forms

Barcode scanning using Panasonic device and Honeywell device

Hi
I am working on to implementing barcode scanner for Panasonic and Honeywell devices in XamarinForms. I searched in the internet I did not get any proper solution. Please help me on this.

Thanks in advance
Tagged:

• JoeHarvey_MSFTJoeHarvey_MSFT Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

It's not likely you'll find much on the internet regarding something as specific and proprietary as this.
    I would imagine that Panasonic and Honeywell have some API device API they keep private. Perhaps if you contact them they can provide you some information.

Given the lack of information here I can only make 2 assumptions on how this would operate.
    1) This is a Barcode scanner that connects to a Smart Device via Bluetooth.
    2) This is an android Device that has a barcode scanner built in.

If it is option 1, then its easy enough to implement Bluetooth connectivity via Xamarin Forms and do whatever you need to do via the Bluetooth api. The actual implementation can be rather complicated and completely depends on the device you are connecting to and what commands it accepts. Typically the manufacturer of these devices can provide you with a sample project that you could use as a basis for your own implementation. Bluetooth commands for these devices typically tend to be a very low level language where you are basically sending Hex code or binary string commands to the device.

If its option 2, then things get more complicated. The easiest thing to implement here would be a native API, written for android, and wrapped in a Xamarin Binding Project. Perhaps Panasonic or Honeywell can even provide you with a sample or API project, which would make creating a binding Project that much easier.

• AlessandroCaliaroAlessandroCaliaro ITMember ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can try to take a look to Panasonic and Honeywell website. Usually these vendors use intents to communicate with scanners. You can also find a Xamarin sdk... otherwise, try to bind the Java sdk
  • AmoseKumarRaviAmoseKumarRavi Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you for your suggestions