Xamarin.ios storyboard issue

SrbaSrba Member ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I've read loads of articles and asked questions few times now but the issue is persistent and I'm starting to have serious issues with it.
We've used Xamarin for cross-platform development and we've finished creating our Android app.
Now since we got the Pair to Mac option available to us we wanted to do GUI for iOS.
We were told that we should do it with Storyboard and every time we tried it (and we tried quite a few times) we always got

I've tried updating and reinstalling VS2019, VS for Mac and Xcode
Currently versions:
Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2019 Version 16.4.5
Visual Studio Enterprise 2019 for Mac version 8.4.6 (build 36)
Xcode Version 11.3.1 (11C505)

Best Answer

• SrbaSrba ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

What it seems it was is that macOS Catalina is not working properly with Visual Studio and Visual Studio for Mac.
    So reinstalling of Mojave 10.14.6. version was a key to get everything sorted.
    Now when Paired to Mac I can start and use simulator (for iPhone 8 iOS 13.3).

Answers

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Have you tried this with a new blank Xamarin.iOS project?
    I heard some conflict issues between different versions of XCode and Visual Studio:
    https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/880058/xcode-is-too-new-2.html
    I'm now using Visual Studio 16.4.3 and XCode 11.3. The storyboard could be opened properly on my side.

• SrbaSrba Member ✭✭
    edited February 25

After reinstalling the whole system we got some progress.
    Currently, VS2019 does not recognize Xcode's path so we are trying to figure that out

Edit:
    After rebooting the whole system last error is popping up again
    So it's still not resolved

P.S. Yes, we tried creating black Xamarin.iOS project and still nothing

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Have you checked it out on VS for Mac?
    It seems Visual Studio can't recognize the format of the storyboard file. If it works on VS for Mac you could raise an issue on the VS forum:
    https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/spaces/8/index.html

• SrbaSrba Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

What it seems it was is that macOS Catalina is not working properly with Visual Studio and Visual Studio for Mac.
    So reinstalling of Mojave 10.14.6. version was a key to get everything sorted.
    Now when Paired to Mac I can start and use simulator (for iPhone 8 iOS 13.3).