Forum Xamarin.Forms

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

Xamarin Editor Event Handler is Broken?

Hi so here im trying to use Editor inside my app's xaml.
I strictly need to use that because rather than entry, it supports textwrapping by using AutoSize property. But i found out that Editor event handler is acting strange. I try to make 3 different event handler, which are focused, unfocused, and Completed.

But whatever I do, every event handler is firing. For instance, when i tap the editor box, all of the 3 event handlers is firing. Moreover, when i try to input a character, the 3 event handlers is firing right after every character i input.

Does anyone know how to solve this? or is it Xamarin Forms bug?

Answers

• jezhjezh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Normally,when we click the Enter control, then the Focused Event will been triggered.
    When we complete the input operation, and then we click on another control,then Completed Event and the Unfocused Event of the Enter control will been triggered in turn. Not the case you mentioned above when i try to input a character, the 3 event handlers is firing right after every character i input.

BTW, what funtion do you want to achieve?

• DamarHardyDamarHardy Member ✭✭

Actually i just need the Completed Event, but since it's acting strange, then i try make those three event handlers and each of them will fire in turn for everything I did.

but since it's acting strange
    These three events are triggered in a logical way:

Focused Event --> Completed Event --> Unfocused Event

If you just need the Completed Event, you can only deal with this Completed event.
    Besides, what do you mean by wordsbut since it's acting strange? Could you please post more details about this?
    This will help us to understand this question.

• DamarHardyDamarHardy Member ✭✭

This is the gif showing what i meant by "strange"

It seems a lot of people has the same problem like me whenever using entry/editor inside listview. I saw a lot of complaints in github. But so far i found a workaround by using CollectionView rather than ListView.

Could you please post some code snippet of your code or a basic demo so that we can test on our side?