Forum Xamarin.iOS

I have multiple(47) 'native linking failed' errors when I install Xamarin.Google.iOS.MobileAds

I have been struggling to add AdMob to an iOS application that I've built using Xamarin Forms. AdMob was the last detail that I needed to publish my app, but every time I add any of the following Nuget packages my app won't compile. I've checked all of the listed dependencies and they are installed. I have been forced to re-write my app in Xcode in order to get it published. I am writing this as a plea for someone at Xamarin to resolve this issue. It's too late for me, but I'm certain that others will have this issue and re-writing in Xcode was a desperate move for me.

Xamarin.Google.iOS.MobileAds
Xamarin.Firebase.iOS.Core
Xamarin.Google.iOS.SignIn

Answers

• ErhanAlankusErhanAlankus TRMember ✭✭

I'm also having this issue.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Create a new Xamarin.Forms Project.
    2. Deploy to iPhone(Select the iOS project as the startup project and hit F5).
    3. Install "Xamarin.Google.iOS.MobileAds" Nuget package to the iOS project.
    4. Try to deploy to iPhone and see that it fails with the "native linking failed" errors.

• Udi_IdanUdi_Idan ILMember ✭✭

Did you find a solution for this?

Thanks!

• DJMillarDJMillar Member ✭✭
    I just tried it again with the latest packages, still has 15 linking errors. Life is too short for this type of issue, I've given up on Xamarin.

@Udi_Idan said:
    Did you find a solution for this?

Thanks!

Nope, I'm hoping this gets fixed in a couple of weeks since I have to update my app before June 30.
    I also commented on the package's github issue:
    https://github.com/xamarin/GoogleApisForiOSComponents/issues/397#issuecomment-633424255

I got it working by:
    1. Downgraded VS, Xcode and Xamarin iOS SDK.
    2. Deleted Obj, bin and XBD.
    It also worked with the latest packages.

@Udi_Idan said:
    I got it working by:
    1. Downgraded VS, Xcode and Xamarin iOS SDK.
    2. Deleted Obj, bin and XBD.
    It also worked with the latest packages.

Congratulations! :smiley:
    Could you please share the version numbers so we can downgrade to the same versions?

Yes, of course, I forgot to mention it in the previous message.
    Currently I'm using:
    1. Visual Studio Community 2019 for Mac - Version 8.4.7 (build 15)
    2. Xamarin.iOS - Version: 13.10.0.21
    3. Xcode - Version 11.4 (11E146)

• TepcoTepco Member ✭✭

I would like to add to this thread as I have wasted 2 weeks of my life on this stupid issue with no resolution in sight. My app is in Google Play in both free (with Admob) and paid versions and the paid version is in the Apple Store but I cannot for the life of me get a working Xamarin iOS release going with AdMob. I have tried going to earlier versions of Xamarin.Firebase.iOS.AdMob and Xamarin.Google.iOS.MobileAds (7.19 for now) and nothing seems to solve the problem. Adding --registrar:static to the mtouch arguments didn't do anything for me. Adding --registrar:dynamic gets it working but then my archive doesn't get validated because of additional executables. I sympathize with DJMillar but don't want to redo the app in XCode as that defeats the purpose of Xamarin. I currently have a little "Hello World" app that I'm using to solve this problem and it's always the same result. It HAS to be a bug in the NuGet packages but I can't figure it out. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

• TepcoTepco Member ✭✭

Here is a screenshot. I get the same errors with my more complex app as I do with this simple Hello World testing purposes app.