Forum Libraries, Components, and Plugins

ZXing.Mobile scanner.Scan() not popping camera.. it works on one form but not on other.

AtinAtin USMember

Hello All,

i am ussing ZXing.Mobile plugin on my Xamarin.iOS app. i have a metthod that tries to scan a barcode. strange thing is that when i call that method containing await scanner.Scan(), on my login screen, it pops up the camera whereas if i call the same method on another view controller, it doesnt pop up the camera and doenst even give any error.

`

var cameraPermission = await CrossPermissions.Current.CheckPermissionStatusAsync(Permission.Camera);
        if (cameraPermission != PermissionStatus.Granted)
        {
            if (await CrossPermissions.Current.ShouldShowRequestPermissionRationaleAsync(Permission.Camera))
            {
                //await Application.Current.MainPage.DisplayAlert("Camera Unavailable", Constants.AppName + " requires the camera permission", "OK");
            }

var results = await CrossPermissions.Current.RequestPermissionsAsync(new[] { Permission.Camera });
            cameraPermission = results[Permission.Camera];
            if (cameraPermission != PermissionStatus.Granted)
            {
                AppDelegate.DisplayAlertMsg(this, "Camera permission not granted, kindly go to settings and grant the permission to continue!");
                return;
            }
        }

MobileBarcodeScanner scanner = new MobileBarcodeScanner();

//Start
        scanner.AutoFocus();
        scanner.CameraUnsupportedMessage = "Unable to start the camera";
        var result = await scanner.Scan();
        if (result != null)
        {

}
        return;

`

i cant see what could be causing this behaviour as the code contains hardly few lines and im using same code on both screens.

please help.

regards,
Atin..

Answers

• ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

I can't be able to reproduce your issue , if possible could you provide us a baisc, mini project here to test ?