Forum Xamarin.Forms
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Xamarin certification

Hello, I would like to be certified in Xamarin Forms, is there a website where I can train myself for certification please?

• JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity admin

@aminataBella said:
    Hello, I would like to be certified in Xamarin Forms, is there a website where I can train myself for certification please?

Xamarin University and Xamarin Mobile Developer Certification have both been shutdown/deprecated.

Learning is now done via the MS Learn platform at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/browse/?term=xamarin

There is no direct equivalent certification. Current developer certifications available from Microsoft can be seen at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/certifications/browse/?resource_type=certification&roles=developer

IMHO, it's a shame that Xamarin University was killed off, as it was excellent. I'm not sorry to see the back of the certification though - it was clear from questions asked/answered on these forums that some people who did get certified may have passed the test but they still did not know the subject, whereas there were/are plenty of people who never got certified who do know the subject matter.

• aminataBellaaminataBella Member ✭✭

@JohnHardman said:

@aminataBella said:

Xamarin University and Xamarin Mobile Developer Certification have both been shutdown/deprecated.

IMHO, it's a shame that Xamarin University was killed off, as it was excellent. I'm not sorry to see the back of the certification though - it was clear from questions asked/answered on these forums that some people who did get certified may have passed the test but they still did not know the subject, whereas there were/are plenty of people who never got certified who do know the subject matter.

Thank you very much for your response and for the links.
    The course link is excellent. I would like to have certification for my CV but technical knowledge is more important.

Thank you.