Is showing the payment pages using Webview solves the App-store's In-App Purchase issue?

SreeeeSreeee INMember ✭✭✭✭✭

I got a new message from Appstore for my new app submission:

Guideline 3.1.1 - Business - Payments - In-App Purchase

We noticed that your app or its metadata enables the purchase of content, services, or functionality in the app by means other than the in-app purchase API, which is not appropriate for the App Store.

My app has a payment feature and I have implemented it using stripe.

The payment feature is implemented on sign up, free trial and manage subscription pages. Currently, I have implemented all these features in the app itself. I have website links for these pages and I can show these pages using a webview with the website links. If I do like that, is AppStore approve my app? I have also removed the Stripe.net NuGet package.

Best Answer

• LandLuLandLu Xamurai
    Accepted Answer

No, it won't work. Everything in your app will be considered as the property of your application including the build-in resources or webpages.
    And this should not be recognized as an App Store issue. This is the review rules of Apple:
    https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/guidelines/

3.1.5(a) Goods and Services Outside of the App: If your app enables people to purchase goods or services that will be consumed outside of the app, you must use purchase methods other than in-app purchase to collect those payments, such as Apple Pay or traditional credit card entry.

We could use third party payments if physical goods or services are offered outside the application. However, subscription or other services which will be consumed in the application are restricted to use In-App Purchase.
    If your situation fits the conditions like 3.1.5 you could contact the Apple directly in the rejected email. Provide evidence that why you must use that kind of payment.

Answers

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    Accepted Answer

No, it won't work. Everything in your app will be considered as the property of your application including the build-in resources or webpages.
    And this should not be recognized as an App Store issue. This is the review rules of Apple:
    https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/guidelines/

3.1.5(a) Goods and Services Outside of the App: If your app enables people to purchase goods or services that will be consumed outside of the app, you must use purchase methods other than in-app purchase to collect those payments, such as Apple Pay or traditional credit card entry.

We could use third party payments if physical goods or services are offered outside the application. However, subscription or other services which will be consumed in the application are restricted to use In-App Purchase.
    If your situation fits the conditions like 3.1.5 you could contact the Apple directly in the rejected email. Provide evidence that why you must use that kind of payment.