"Info.plist could not be found" in Visual Studio, except the project contains an info.plist

As thread title says; I have copied a project I'm working on using OSX and opened it in Visual Studio, and upon compiling VS throws the error that Info.plist could not be found.
I've made sure it has the correct bundle identifier, and it's been compiling fine on OSX for months, and earlier today in fact.

Can someone please help me out here?

Answers

• josemiguel.torresjosemiguel.torres ESXamarin Team Xamurai

Hi @DavidWalton,

When you say on OSX you mean on Xamarin Studio on OSX??

thanks!

• Roeland.6476Roeland.6476 USMember

I've got the same problem.

• SebastianSeidel.9226SebastianSeidel.9226 DEInsider, University ✭✭✭✭

@jtorres‌ can confirm that. Using a project on OSX with Xamarin Studio all works fine. Opening the same solution with Visual Studio 2013 and try to built it complains about the missing Info.plist.

• josemiguel.torresjosemiguel.torres ESXamarin Team Xamurai

Can you guys create a project (emtpy one is ok) and attach it? I can't reproduce that issue here.

thanks!!

• SebastianSeidel.9226SebastianSeidel.9226 DEInsider, University ✭✭✭✭

I could not reproduce it with a totally new project created with Xamarin 3 and built with Visual Studio 2013.

Within the old project the info.plist built action is set to BundleResource. The project built with Xamarin Studio on Mac but did not with Visual Studio 2013 on Windows 8.1 VM.

• songliuchensongliuchen CNMember

The problem can not generate the app path
    错误 Could not load Info.plist: Could not find a part of the path "/Users/songliuchen/Library/Caches/Xamarin/mtbs/builds/WebApp/be6db7d2b70f6c8652ec5529f71f2107/bin/iPhoneSimulator/Release/WebApp.app/Info.plist".
    i can not find the WebApp.app in mac caches ,but /Users/songliuchen/Library/Caches/Xamarin/mtbs/builds/WebApp/be6db7d2b70f6c8652ec5529f71f2107/bin/iPhoneSimulator/Release/ has created

• RichardEdwardsRichardEdwards CAUniversity ✭✭

I had this same problem today when I checked a project out on my PC with Visual Studio that was previously compiling on a Mac. I ended up doing a 'Clean Solution' and then a Rebuild and the error went away. Hope this helps someone else down the road.

• Adam.HillAdam.Hill USMember

I too get this error intermittently and @RichardEdwards 's fix usually clears it up. If it doesn't, restarting Visual Studio definitely does.

• Same problem while building on Visual Studio and re-build all fix it.

• Same issue, but the fix from DaveRoper works for me.

• ChristianSvrdChristianSvrd SEMember ✭✭✭

I have the same problem and i tried everything, no luck.

• MarceloAmadorMarceloAmador USMember ✭✭

Have the same problem here.