Forum General

Is there any FREE alternatives to Syncfusion which i can use?

Massimo_98Massimo_98 Member ✭✭

I have an idea for an Application which i wish to sell once developed. Sync-fusion has worked on the free trial but i do not have the funds to get a license. What alternatives could i possibly use which are free for developers even when used commercially. Any community options are not viable.
The App would be used across platforms such as IOS, Android, and WPF/UWP.

Answers

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 28

My understanding was that Syncfusion is free if you are a small enough developer, I haven't looked though. Check the licencing options just to be sure.

• Massimo_98Massimo_98 Member ✭✭

Unfortunately sync-fusion does not classify this as a small developers work as it is for a large company.

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@Massimo_98 said:
    Unfortunately sync-fusion does not classify this as a small developers work as it is for a large company.

Ah I see! Typical that the large company doesn't want to pay for a licence to save you time and effort, etc.

If you have specific functionality you know you want maybe list them here, others might know of controls they have used that can do the same. I personally find the existing XF controls flexible enough to do what I want.

• NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University admin

These aren't fee but are are reasonably priced.

https://auroracontrols.app/

Syncfusion's community licence is pretty amazing tbh and they have to make money somehow, you have to tell your tech leads it will take x length customizing vanilla control to meet your needs or buy a Syncfusion licence, then they can make a cost benefit analysis decision...I know that's sometimes wishful thinking but has worked in the past for me.

• Dinesh_OfficialDinesh_Official Member ✭✭✭

@Massimo_98 , Depends on what type of Control you need. Now a days different controls are developed by developers similar to paid libraries which are having MIT license, you can use them as per your need.

What you find difficult in that is, you don't get documentation for some of them and might have some issues in that too.

If you are really willing to work on your project, you have to work on those libraries too. This might be time consuming but later you can get profit by selling them.

Make a note bro, Nothing is free in this world. This is a competitive world. Best of luck !

• andipandiandipandi Member ✭✭

I would also suggest to go with a commercial product.
    I know companies that were cheap or wanted to control source code and used inferior controls that needed weeks and months of development time in maintenance.
    Next to Syncfusion, you also get Telerik, ComponentOne, DevExpress (from the ones I know).
    Free controls you have to find on a per-control basis, though perhaps there are some larger UI libraries (that I don't know about).
    There are also some html5-based alternatives out, if you are willing to go down that road (and probably abandon C#).

Probably all of this does not help you, otherwise you would not have asked. Good companies buy good tools for their people, and they value their time.