Forum Xamarin.Forms
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Rest Api Https Reqest (The certificate authority is invalid or incorrect)

JuressicJuressic Member ✭✭

Hello,

I'm trying to get simple json data from my linux SSH remote server (UWP, Android) but it refuse to respond to my App.

But i'm confused why i can get the data when i send the request with my browser(with not secure warning) or through Postman(with Settings option: SSL certificate Off) ??

I'm wonder how could i resolve this, how can i avoid certificate authority and get the data (just like in Postman), and how shall i actually have to deal with SSL certification in my HTTPS reqeust. My server support OpenSSL.

MAIN SEGMENT OF MY CODE:

HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
    var response = await client.GetStringAsync("https://" +  ServerApiLinkConnection);
    Debug.WriteLine(response);

ERROR:

System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Exception: The text associated with this error code could not be found.

The certificate authority is invalid or incorrect

at System.Net.Http.HttpHandlerToFilter.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancel)
       at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.FinishSendAsyncUnbuffered(Task`1 sendTask, HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationTokenSource cts, Boolean disposeCts)
       at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.GetStringAsyncCore(Task`1 getTask)

Answers