Why VS asks for Xcode 11.3?

ShantimohanElchuriShantimohanElchuri USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

After updating VS2019 to ver 16.4.3 today, it is warning about the need to have Xcode 11.3. I don't find it even beta of it on Apple Developer portal. Is it critically needed for proper XF compiling?

Best Answer

• ShantimohanElchuriShantimohanElchuri US ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

OK I searched and landed in App Store -> Develop tab. I just installed it and it replaced my old one.

Since this is a fresh install, hope I will get update next time promptly.

@JohnH You said it was released last year. I see that it was dated Jan 13th, just 3 days ago. I don't know why this difference.

Answers

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

XCode 11.3 was released end of last year.

• ShantimohanElchuriShantimohanElchuri USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@JohnH said:
    XCode 11.3 was released end of last year.

Is it? But my Mac is not seeing any updates. How can I resolve this issue? Why the updates are not appearing in my Mac's AppStore? I think the same happened for Xcode 11.2 also. Someone here provided a link.

Accepted Answer

OK I searched and landed in App Store -> Develop tab. I just installed it and it replaced my old one.

Since this is a fresh install, hope I will get update next time promptly.

@JohnH You said it was released last year. I see that it was dated Jan 13th, just 3 days ago. I don't know why this difference.

I don't know where you are getting your information from, but it isn't accurate. ;)
    3 days ago Apple released XCode 11.3.1.
    XCode 11.3 was released December 10th.

Take a look here for actual release dates.

@JohnH said:
    I don't know where you are getting your information from, but it isn't accurate. ;)
    3 days ago Apple released XCode 11.3.1.
    XCode 11.3 was released December 10th.

Take a look here for actual release dates.

I got the info from App Store vide the screenshot below.

Yesterday it was '3d' and today it is '4d'.

Were you referring about the date of release to devs as beta?

Yes, and it says 11.3.1, right there in your screenshot. It says it twice in fact. Your screenshot does not say 11.3.
    11.3.1 is new release that came out a few days ago. 11.3 came out in December. I am not sure what issue you are having here.

@JohnH said:
    Yes, and it says 11.3.1, right there in your screenshot. It says it twice in fact. Your screenshot does not say 11.3.
    11.3.1 is new release that came out a few days ago. 11.3 came out in December. I am not sure what issue you are having here.

Noted...