Forum Xamarin.iOS

Error : Could not signal service com.apple.WebKit.Networking in iOS

Dinesh_OfficialDinesh_Official Member ✭✭✭
edited January 15 in Xamarin.iOS

Hello,

In my application, i have used the WKWebView to generate the PDF from HTML string. Please refer the below code example

WKWebView webView = new WKWebView(new CGRect(0, 0, (int)PageWidth, (int)PageHeight), new WKWebViewConfiguration());
webView.UserInteractionEnabled = false;
webView.BackgroundColor = UIColor.White;
webView.NavigationDelegate = new CustomDelegate(completionsource, path, (int)PageWidth, (int)PageHeight);
webView.LoadHtmlString(html, null);

Custom Delegate :

public class CustomDelegate : WKNavigationDelegate
{
    public CustomDelegate(TaskCompletionSource<bool> completionsource, string _filepath, double _pageWidth, double _pageHeight)
    {

}

public override void DidFinishNavigation(WKWebView webView, WKNavigation navigation)
    {
          //Not triggering 
    }         
}

When the application is deployed, it navigates to the CustomDelegate class but the DidFinishNavigation override is not triggered.

In the output window, i am getting the below error.

Could not signal service com.apple.WebKit.WebContent: 113: Could not find specified service
Could not signal service com.apple.WebKit.Networking: 113: Could not find specified service

Can anyone please suggest me on this?

Note :
1. I don't want to add the WkWebView into any view .
2. DidFinishNavigation triggers when application is first time deployed and whenever i restart the machine.

Answers

• ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Refer the solution for solved the Could not find specified service error .

Add WkWebView into view first and then call LoadHtmlString method .

1. I don't want to add the WkWebView into any view .

Where we can see the WkWebView if you don't add it into any view ?

• Dinesh_OfficialDinesh_Official Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 15

@ColeX , For example, in a button event i am generating/creating a html from an API and want to convert those html string to PDF. And directly save the PDF file into my location.

Here i don't need to add the WKWebView to any view.

Also, please note the method raises whenever i restart the machine.

edited January 16

Override the method DidFailNavigation to see if it triggers as expected when DidFinishNavigation not trigger.

@ColeX , i tried that but DidFailNavigation method is not raising.

Could you provide a mini , basic sample project to us for reproducing the issuse ?

Just zip it and attach on the forum , remove your personal information in project .

edited January 20

@ColeX , I have attached the simple sample. please let me know if you require anything.

Demo.zip 149.5K
    edited January 21

I can't be able to reproduce the issue , your sample worked fine on my side , DidFinishNavigation triggered as expected .

Try to seek better support with free support ticket : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/supportforbusiness/productselection?sapId=211dd84f-3474-c3c5-79bf-66db630c92a6 .

@ColeX , have you tried more than twice. At first time, it works as expected.

@Dinesh_Official said:
    @ColeX , have you tried more than twice. At first time, it works as expected.

Of course , the gif was recorded when i tried second time .