Android Rg.Plugins.Popup not working

SteveSykesSteveSykes USMember ✭✭
edited January 10 in Xamarin.Forms

I just recently converted a PCL project to Netstandard. I'm slowly trying to work through issues. Since our popup code no longer works, a derivative of XLabs, I'm trying to use this new plugin.

Download the demo project and running it works fine. When I use the exact same code in our project all I get is a dimming of the screen. I can tap on the edge of the screen and it goes away. So its doing something. OnAppearing is being hit so it's rendering. I'm using the same xaml and code behind from the demo, specifically the LoginPopupPage.xaml

The project is using master/detail if that matters. Rg is being initialized in OnCreate in MainActivity.cs. I have it referenced in the droid and netstandard project.

Any ideas?

Answers

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

There's not much there to go on.
    But I can tell you that rg.plugins.popups is what we've used for the last 3-4 years and it continues to work today in our app from Droid5 through Droid9

So I bet there's just something basic being overlooked.

You said the screen is dimming - so that means the popup is there. I bet the content on it is unseen. Like... The content is 1px by 1px. Or its all the same color so its black on black. Or it can't find the text references you have so there is not content: Its just a blank popup.

• SteveSykesSteveSykes USMember ✭✭

AbsoluteLayout was causing the issue.

• JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity mod

@SteveSykes said:
    AbsoluteLayout was causing the issue.

Are you saying that there is a compatibility issue between AbsoluteLayout and Rg.Plugins.Popup that might affect other people? If so, can you provide more details.

• batmacibatmaci DEMember ✭✭✭✭✭

absolutelayout definetly works in a rg popup. i am using it successfully. He probably couldnt arrange the children within it and they didnt appear so he saw a transparent popup without children.

• SteveSykesSteveSykes USMember ✭✭

Sorry, no I meant that was my problem. I know it works because the demo works. I just copied the code verbatim, less the class name, and put it in my project. There's something else in my code causing the problems. I was using XLabs popup code. I think that may be causing a lot of the issues. Plus almost all of the popups are designed directly in code and don't use xaml because they're very dynamic.

I got a popup to show...though it was blank even though xaml had controls. It's progress which means I'm on the right track and will get it to work...eventually. In short it's not because I'm missing a package or something similar.