xamarin forms previewer stopped working and always shows mockview help

Hi

Xamarin forms project is almost ready for production and now the designer always shows mockview.
Why is this happening?
There is no special tutorial to fix this and if possible is there any designer that can be used that are third party?

Thanks,
TJW

Best Answers

Answers

• PilliPilli USMember ✭✭

@thejumpingwolf why don't you use HotReload with Android Emulator? It works fine.
    Coming to the Designer View I don't think so it render's exactly even it works ?

• thejumpingwolfthejumpingwolf Member ✭✭

@Pilli said:
    @thejumpingwolf why don't you use HotReload with Android Emulator? It works fine.
    Coming to the Designer View I don't think so it render's exactly even it works ?

I do not know about hot reload but designer used to work and after last days and lot's of code push i am seeing on mockview all the time sadly.

Just added hotreload from marketplace and still trying to figure out how to use it!

@NMackay said:
    Use HotReload, previewer won't support 3rd party libraries reliably.

Yes, sound like you are right. :)
    Suddenly things got broken since i added james's permission plugin.

edited December 3

We do not need any hot reload plugin at all.

Check out this video

for VS 2019 there is a hot reload previewer which does the job. :)

Regards,
    TJW

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

I found a similar issue here: https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/150124/xamarin-previewer-showing-mockview.html
    Have you tried to upgrade to the latest VS/Forms version?
    Moreover, as @NMackay said it doesn't support the third party library. This could also be the root cause.

@LandLu said:
    I found a similar issue here: https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/150124/xamarin-previewer-showing-mockview.html
    Have you tried to upgrade to the latest VS/Forms version?
    Moreover, as @NMackay said it doesn't support the third party library. This could also be the root cause.

1. I suspect that 3rd party Lib is the issue of mockview or my code has any start up issue i mean not regular code for smooth start [ just guess i do not know how xamain initializes the system n VS or vice versa]

2. There is a hot reload in VS 2019 latest build > Tools > Option > xamarin section > hot reload > check

if get issue / not working then just set link none - does the smoothly in emulator + real device - i am happy with this. After this i started to hate mockview.

1. I am on Latest VS + Latest Xamarin.Forms Version

Above are my current findings :)

Can anyone tell me a Tool [ opensource or free ] for better UI development? Looks like the Default kit is not so good and lacks color and styles.

Thanks,
    TJW