Using custom font inside UserControl is making my font bold

LuizNegriniLuizNegrini USMember ✭✭
edited December 2 in Xamarin.Forms

When I use my fonts outside of user controls I have them loading correctly. But when the word has accent and is inside UserControl the font is appearing in bold, I've tested more than one font and the problem happens.

In the image I inserted a sentence written on top of the whole frame in the same way as a sentence written inside a UserControl, what is outside proves that the accents work without being bold and inside shows that all the words that are accented are in bold.

The problem only happens on iOS.

I just created a project and inserted the source and created a UserControl and the problem did not happen, there must be something in my code, but I have no idea what it might be.

Best Answer

  • LuizNegriniLuizNegrini US ✭✭
    edited December 3 Accepted Answer

    I found the problem. I had edited some texts in another editor (VSCode) and also copied some others from another platform that we used, the problem happened due to the encode of these other tools, when pasting in VStudio it caused the problem.

    Just rewriting the texts directly by VStudio and the problem has been fixed.

Answers

  • LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

    It's best to reproduce it in a sample so that we could see the specific code to find out the root cause. I've no idea about this issue without your samples.

  • LuizNegriniLuizNegrini USMember ✭✭
    edited December 3

    It's best to reproduce it in a sample so that we could see the specific code to find out the root cause. I've no idea about > this issue without your samples.

    I have a big project, I created a new project with clean code and could not reproduce the problem, so that they look similar I need to implement enough code, I will keep trying to reproduce and if I can find the problem I post the solution.

  • LuizNegriniLuizNegrini USMember ✭✭
    edited December 3 Accepted Answer

    I found the problem. I had edited some texts in another editor (VSCode) and also copied some others from another platform that we used, the problem happened due to the encode of these other tools, when pasting in VStudio it caused the problem.

    Just rewriting the texts directly by VStudio and the problem has been fixed.

Sign In or Register to comment.