Xamarin.Forms - Label text disappears on android in Listview

dai15002dai15002 Member ✭✭✭
edited December 2 in Xamarin.Forms

As the code shows below, I did bind a label to the myViewModel's string LabelInfo. When I receive the data in scrollview, everything shows fine on Android and iOS. But on Android when I scroll down or up until the label is not shown and then I scroll back again, the label text is dissapeard and it appears again when I bring the phone keyboard up again by pressing a searchBar above the listview. Is there a way to force showing/rendering the label text?

<ListView.ItemTemplate >

<Grid.ColumnDefinitions >

</Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
<Grid.RowDefinitions>

</Grid.RowDefinitions>

<StackLayout Grid.Column="3" Grid.Row="1" Orientation="Vertical">
                                                        <Label Text="{Binding UserName}"  FontSize="15" FontAttributes="Bold" TextColor="#474747"  VerticalOptions="Center" FontFamily="{StaticResource EncodeSansSemiCondensed-Bold}"/>

<StackLayout Padding="0" Orientation="Horizontal">

//the labelinfo text dissapears when outside listview
                                                            <Label Text="{Binding LabelInfo}" TextDecorations="Underline" TextColor="#3366BB" LineBreakMode="TailTruncation"  FontFamily="{StaticResource EncodeSansSemiCondensed-Bold}" FontSize="10">
                                                                <Label.GestureRecognizers>
                                                                    <TapGestureRecognizer Tapped="ShowCompToastInfo" />
                                                                </Label.GestureRecognizers>
                                                            </Label>
                                                        </StackLayout>

</StackLayout>

</Grid>
                                        </StackLayout>
                                    </ViewCell>
                                </DataTemplate>
                            </ListView.ItemTemplate>

• AlessandroCaliaroAlessandroCaliaro ITMember ✭✭✭✭✭

Try CollectionView

• dai15002dai15002 Member ✭✭✭

the collectionview does not have the properties below that the listview has and also i get the error "No property, bindable property, or event found for 'GroupHeaderTemplate', or mismatching type between value and property"

CachingStrategy="RecycleElement" 
                                IsGroupingEnabled="True"
                                SeparatorVisibility="None"
                                HasUnevenRows="true"
                                ItemTapped="myUserList_ItemTapped"

edited December 2

With CollectionView
    1- you don't need RecycleElement
    2- does not include built-in separators; users can provide these (if desired) in their templates.
    3- does not need HasUnevenRows
    4- use SelectedItemCommand instead of ItemTapped
    5- Grouping: https://docs.microsoft.com/it-it/xamarin/xamarin-forms/user-interface/collectionview/grouping

The property does not have SelectedItemCommand

Is there an easier way to force rendering since CollectionView must use bindable data?

@dai15002 said:
    The property does not have SelectedItemCommand

Is there an easier way to force rendering since CollectionView must use bindable data?

I don't understand… what does it mean "the property does not have SelectedItemCommand"? SelectedItemCommand is a Command that is raised when you select an item on CollectionView and you can use it in MVVM.

Thanks. The problem was due to the CachingStrategy of the listview.