Hi, I wrote a Xamarin.Forms app which reads and writes to Sqlite db.
This is what I do:
- Connect usb cable to the device (Android phone), click F5 (in Visual Studio 2017) for debugging.
- Make operations which write to SqliteDb (The location of the db is System.Environment.GetFolderPath(System.Environment.SpecialFolder.Personal).
- Turn off the app and run for debug again. EveryThing works fine. The data is there.
4.Now if I disconnect the cable, ReConnect it, Click again the F5 button for debugging...and all the db is gone.
It happens only when I run from the IDE for debug (If I use the app as a regular user (not running from Visual studio) the data stays as it should).
Things I tried already and didn't help:
- In Debug-->Options-->Xamarin---> Checkd Preserve application data cache on device between deploys
- In the manifest (in the application tag) I added android:allowBackup="false" android:fullBackupOnly="false"
- On the device I turned off the option for Automatic Restore.
Does someone have an other idea what else can I do?