Forum Xamarin.Forms

How to wrap those navigation bars into one? (Navigation, Master Detail, Tabbed)

JuressicJuressic Member ✭✭
edited November 2019 in Xamarin.Forms

Hello, i want to have only one Navigation bar, maybe two! I cant figure out how could i easily wrap those navigation bars from left picture to look like picture on the right?

Best Answers

Answers

• JuressicJuressic Member ✭✭

That's exacly what i did, i have log in page as Main, after clicking on Log in button i changed Main page to MasterDetailPage(App.Current.MainPage = new NavigationPage(new MasterDetailMenu());)

Still i have 3 navigation bars :neutral:

edited December 2019

I've figured it out, my mistake was that I've set Master Detail Menu as Navigation Page, I didn't supposed to do that because I've already set Main Page as NavigationPage, and then just replaced with Master Detail Page. (App.Current.MainPage = new NavigationPage(new MasterDetailMenu());)
    Now i have 2 navigation bars (Master Detail and Tabbed) but im Ok with that.

But now i have another problem... When i open my Master Detail Side Menu it covers my hamburger menu icon, it was happening before but i thought side menu will stay where it was but everything moved up. I guess i need to open another discussion for that question.

@LandLu said:

When i open my Master Detail Side Menu it covers my hamburger menu icon, it was happening before

This is by design on Android. The master page will overlap on the detail page. And we close the master page through touching at the dim black area.
    I think what you want is to push the detail page to the right side. This only occurs on iPhones however, different platform has different features. The screenshot above is the default effect on Android.

I've saw on some Android application 'Master Detail' under 'Hamburger Icon', it looks so cool because Ham Icon have animation to transform into Back Icon for hiding 'Master Detail Menu', that's why i guess it makes sense.

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

I'm afraid we need to implement it by ourselves. The default Master-Detail page on Android doesn't support that.