Camera permission doesn't work

DiederiknDiederikn Member ✭✭

I have a webview wich displays my website. On my website I have a button that has should open a dialog that shows the user to choose between opening the camera of pick a file(Same goes for recording a video).

But when I click on the button nothing happens. I have the permissions in my info.plist but when I run the emulator it does not even ask for my permissions to use camera and library etc.

How can solve this?

Answers

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Have you tested it on a real physical device?
    Camera features are not available on emulators so the application will crash before the permission dialog showing up.

• DiederiknDiederikn Member ✭✭

Hi,

Thank you for you reaction. I have tested the app on a real device. I can take a picture with camera. But when I click on a button to record a video the app crashes. Also the user has to be able to choose between taking a picture/ recording video and picking a file.

Do you have any idea to solve this?

I am looking forward to your response

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

If you are using the native UIImagePickerController and want only to take videos we could set the MediaTypes like:

imgPicker.MediaTypes = new string[] { UTType.Movie };

But when I click on a button to record a video the app crashes

This could be caused by the code after taking the videos. It's best to share your sample to help us reproduce this issue.

• DiederiknDiederikn Member ✭✭

Hi,

We are able to take video now because we were lacking a permission. Apparently is was called microphone permission in the info.plist

When we press our file upload button we want to see a dialog that lets you choose between taking picture or selecting picture from the gallery:

asp:FileUpload ID="FileUploadPlayerVideo" runat="server" renderid="true" accept="image/*" capture="camera" type="file"/

At the moment we have not inplemented UIImagePickerController in the iOS application. Because we dont understand how to implement this object.

Here is our appdelegate:

We would like to know how to solve this problem.