iOS project not building

awerberawerber Member ✭✭

I am using Visual Studio (for Windows) on my Windows 10 laptop trying to build the iOS project that is in a Xamarin Forms solution. There is also an Android project that builds and runs in the solution.

I have a Mac mini with El Capitan OS and XCode 8.2 installed. I can pair to my Mac. I can also 'see' the Mac on my wireless network, where 'see' means I can open files using Explorer on my Windows computer.

The error message I get when I try to run or just compile the iOS project is:

File not found: /Users/andrewwerber/Library/Caches/Xamarin/mtbs/builds/TestXamarinFormsProject.iOS/3ffac40216120bd4f8a117e82d483f0b/Assets.xcassets/AppIcon.appiconset/Contents.json

But, I can see this file on the Mac using Explorer on my Windows 10 machine. The file is attached with a txt extension, but it has the json extension when I view it on the Mac.

I have seen a very similar question on this forum, but I don't understand what I need to do to fix the problem. One possible answer is that I need to make actual pictures. But before I do a lot of work to make all those pictures, I would like to know if that's a possible solution, after all, the error says that the file is not there, but it is there.

Thanks for any help with this.

Best Answer

Answers

• awerberawerber Member ✭✭

I got past the error. Now I need a certificate of some sort. I am working on that, but Apple requires me to wait 7 days to turn on 2 factor authentication, unless I want to make a new Apple ID. Sheeeesh!!!

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Yes, it needs some time to be the membership of Apple developer. Unfortunately, we couldn't skip it.