Why is my app not found in the Play Store when I search for it

My app can be displayed at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rodneypix.app, but when I type Rodney Pix in the search bar of the Play Store app, I don't mt app listed. Why not? And, what do I have to do to get this to work?

I know my app works on my phone.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• awerberawerber Member ✭✭

Thank you for responding to my question. My app is on the Play Store, as per the URL in my question. But it got on the Play Store around 11/14. So, I'll try again in a few days and see what happens. If number of downloads and reviews are important, I'll have to find some people who want it.

• LeloLelo Member ✭✭✭

@awerber

How did it go?
    My own app has still not shown up after 1,5 weeks. Some say the description has to be in english. Others say indexing of the app can take 24h to 2 weeks. Others say the first users of the app has to be given link to the app. A recent SO answer says the app has to be disabled in all countries and the enabled in all countries

Thanks for your comment, @Lelo. Still no luck when I type the name of my app into the search bar.

Oops, I just saw my app listed in the 18th place when I did a search on my desktop computer.

• LeloLelo Member ✭✭✭

Oops, I just saw my app listed in the 18th place when I did a search on my desktop computer.

So roughly how many downloads and what rating do you have?

I don't see a rating. I'm not sure how many downloads, either. I'd bet < 10 downloads.