Forum Xamarin.iOS

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

Unable to publish to App Store -- Xamarin issue or Apple issue?

JeffRushJeffRush USMember ✭✭✭

Xcode 11.2.1
Visual Studio for Mac 8.3.8

Everything is up-to-date.

When I attempt to sign and distribute my app using Studio, I receive this error:

"Publishing Failed. Invalid Toolchain. Your app was built with an unsupported SDK or version of Xcode. If you plan to submit this build to the App Store, make sure you are using the versions listed in https://help.apple.com/xcode/mac/current/#/devf16aefe3b or later"

I went to the link, and it just says I need Xcode 10.1 or later.

Is this a case where Xamarin hasn't quite caught up with Xcode? The Xcode update was released a few days ago.

Thanks...

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xamarin was updated at the beginning of the month to support Xcode 11.2, so the issue is probably something else.
  • JeffRushJeffRush USMember ✭✭✭

My understanding is that a major problem was found in Xcode 11.2, and that's why they released 11.2.1 so quickly afterwards. The error I saw is apparently due to the Xcode error, but I'm wondering if Xamarin's SDK is still somehow pointing to to 11.2? Not really sure, but it's frustrating.

If someone from the Xamarin team could comment on this, it will help me know if the problem is on the Xamarin side or on the Apple/Xcode side.

Thanks...

• javanthemanjavantheman Member ✭✭

Did you ever figure this out? It seems that it's still having this issue and everything is up to date on my end.

I ended up deleting the bin and obj folders, cleaning, then doing a rebuild. Everything was fine. I think what must have happened is that there was something lingering in those folders that was pointing to an older version of Xcode maybe?