Unable to create Resource.dll File during Build in both Android and IOS

In Project (Cross Platform with Xamarin c#) ,We implemented our Resource File for my app images in a folder in both Android(in Resources/drawable) and IOS( in Resource) file.But while building the project it not taking the resource file to create project.Resource.dll.

The issue i Found that it is not adding the Resource File to my .apk or .ipa file.And while deploying to Android device in Output (Deploy to Device tab) Im getting "skipping resources,not configured..".

And All images in .droid have build action set to AndroidResources and For IOS BundleResources.

My Visual Studio ,SDK and All Nudget Packages are Updated.

Tried : Cleaning and Rebuilding the project.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Thanks in Andvance

Best Answer

• shalushalu
    Accepted Answer

I had fixed the issue, The issue was the image was not from resources of Android or IOS.It was from the Image Folder with in my Project and the Build Action was none for that images.I need to change it to EmbeddeResources.And it start working fine.

Answers

• JarvanJarvan Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited November 15

Could other projects using the resource file work on your IDE? Test this official image sample on your side. If it works, try to create a new project and migrate the code.

• shalushalu Member

Hi Jarvan, Thanks for the reply.
    The Sample image project is working fine with my IDE. Also i like t mention that My project is running in windows machine without any issues. I have migrated my project to MAC where i got this resource issue.I tried creating new project and migrating,but that didn't worked.

• shalushalu Member
    Accepted Answer

I had fixed the issue, The issue was the image was not from resources of Android or IOS.It was from the Image Folder with in my Project and the Build Action was none for that images.I need to change it to EmbeddeResources.And it start working fine.