Getting error NameResolutionFailure

awerberawerber Member ✭✭

Hi, I'm very new to Xamarin Forms. I'm using Visual Studio 2017 Professional and created a project that includes an Android and an IOS project. Until recently, everything was working fine. My app calls a REST service on my web site. The first thing my app does is to get a list of directories from my web site. I even created an APK file and deployed it to my machine. I installed the app and it runs fine. I also have a Windows Forms app that uses the same project as the Android app to get the directories, and that test project works fine. I even just added INTERNET permission to the android manifest. But I keep getting the NameResolutionFailure error.

The stack trace is:

at System.Net.WebConnection+d__16.MoveNext () [0x00044] in :0 \n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\n at System.Net.WebConnection+d__19.MoveNext () [0x000cc] in :0 \n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\n at System.Net.WebOperation+d__57.MoveNext () [0x0009a] in :0 \n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\n at System.Net.WebCompletionSource1+<WaitForCompletion>d__15[T].MoveNext () [0x00094] in <fb6d78e506844b3b96d5b35aa047fbbd>:0 \n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\n at System.Net.HttpWebRequest+<RunWithTimeoutWorker>d__2411[T].MoveNext () [0x000f8] in :0 \n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\n at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse ()
[0x00016] in :0 \n at RESTCalls.Calls.SendRequestGetResponse (System.Net.HttpWebRequest tRequest, System.Net.HttpWebResponse& rsp, System.String& responseString) [0x00001] in X:\CHANGEDFORSECURITY\TestXamarinFormsProject\RESTCalls\Calls.cs:55 \n at RESTCalls.Calls.GetDirectoriesWithMetadata () [0x00027] in X:\CHANGEDFORSECURITY\TestXamarinFormsProject\RESTCalls\Calls.cs:75

Any clue on how to solve this would be appreciated.

Best Answer

• awerberawerber ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

I guess this question finally got approved. But I found out the problem was the emulator. See my other similar question for more discussion.

Answers

• awerberawerber Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

I guess this question finally got approved. But I found out the problem was the emulator. See my other similar question for more discussion.